Monday, January 2, 2012

Snowfall

Happy 2012! I hope that everyone had a wonderful new year!  Our's was pretty low key.  DH went to bed early because he had to work bright and early on  new years day.  The girls watched The Twilight Zone marathon and I crafted until 11:45 when we switched channels to watch the ball drop. Then we turned in for the night! Such wild and crazy party animals!!

One of my blogging friends invited me to join her in her new year's resolution of posting one scrapbook page a week.  Now, to be quite honest, I don't normally make resolutions because they tend to be very short lived (more like a 'to do' list for a week or two...), but this seemed like a wonderful plan to help keep me on track with my scrapbooking. So I am officially announcing that my new year's resolution for 2012 is to post at least one scrapbook page a week on my blog! (Oh the pressure...) I know that some of my dear friends will be sure to remind me if I start slipping on this!

So here is week number one's page-


Apologies for the shadows...the sun was starting to go down as I took my picture. It was also a little windy and my ribbon shifted as I took the picture.  It really is straight on the page now!  I used an old Page Maps sketch for my layout.

Page Recipe: Cardstock-baja breeze, early espresso, whisper white, Ski Slope DSP (ret), baja breeze DSP from subtles stack, Ink-early espresso, baja breeze (sponged around top note), Stamp Set-Broadsheet Alphabet, Accessories-top note die, baja breeze seam binding

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking you need to stand by this "resolution" and keep the scrappin'-goodness going. Great phtotos, perfectly paired with your layout! Hapy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. another great layout and you are on your way to posting the one layout a week. My first post for mine will be a mini book I am just finishing up for Micah and Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo and a beautiful page! Can't wait to see your pages each week now!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this beautiful snow page. I miss scrapbooking so much. I am going to live vicariously through you by coming to your blog to see your pages each week. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this snow page Margaret. Good luck with your resolution, looking forward to seeing them. It is something that I should do but I know I won't keep to it. Having said that I do have a scrap page floating around in my head. Need to get into the craft room though.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!