Saturday, January 28, 2012

Clean and Simple Sketch

This has been one of those crazy weeks when I really wanted to sit down to create, but other commitments had first billing... TGIF! Grocery shopping finished, dinner made, kids in bed and time to get crafty!!  Clean & Simple Stamping had a great sketch that I really wanted to use to get a few more Valentines done.  I had hoped to be finished by now... Just where did January go anyway?!

I've been determined to use up some of my older DSP, so out came Cottage Wall.  I also used the stamp set Outlined Occasions, which is a Sale-A-Bration item.   As much as I wanted to color in the word Love and the cute little hearts, I resisted in an effort to keep the spirit of CAS!  Of course, I did end up using some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch on the embossed heart...



I even added a little DSP to the inside!


Well, I hope you enjoyed my CAS Valentine.  I actually made a few different cards, but you'll just have to come back to see them later!  Hope you weekend is filled with plenty of opportunities to be crafty!

Card Recipe: Cardstock-pale plum (ret), rich razzleberry, whisper white, Cottage Wall DSP (ret), Ink-pale plum (ret), Stamp Sets-Butterfly Prints, Outlined Occasions, Word Play, Accessories-scallop trim and full heart punches, snow burst embossing folder, Vanilla Shimmer smooch spritz



6 comments:

  1. great choice of colors for this valentine card. I like the dp that you used on the bottom portion of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card and I love the color combo! Ok...I am behind on Valentine's Day Projects. I have to get with the program. Maybe this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the embossed heart matches the inside DP! So glad that you found some crafty time for you. This is a wonderful Valentine's card. Glad you didn't skip the smooch spritz...it adds a beautiful shimmer to your card. :)

    Hugs to you,
    Lisa aka Mad Hatter LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret! Your card is just perfect - just the right amount of paper, the color and hues of soft purple are spot on ... and that heart! Oh my! I love it in so many ways :) I know just what you mean about using what's on hand and on one hand, I'm nearly cringing to have to put it through the paper cutter, lol, and OTOH I'm so excited to finally play with it, rather than hoard it :) Hee hee! This is a gem! Have a GREAT weekend! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your CAS Valentine. Such wonderful colors and I love the embossed heart. So pretty!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a pretty cas card Margaret-love the dsp you used-I have the same goal this year to use up the dp I have

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!