Friday, December 30, 2011

Break time!

I always look forward to Christmas break! After the busyness of Christmas, I get a whole week to wind down, clean up, and of course, create! The first part of my week was spent doing laundry, cleaning out my closet, and trying to contain the new toys (sheesh...let me know if you can accomplish this one!). I even went through my paper crafting goodies and did a little reorganizing.  With the help of some handy little zip baggies, my scraps container is a little less overwhelming! I even used some of them to finish an album I had started over a year ago! As I was reorganizing, I came across a crafting kit I bought several years ago and I decided to dust it off and use it.  It looks so much nicer completed and on top of my desk than it did in the box! Who would have guessed?!


While the supplies used were part of a kit and not SU, this could so easily be copied using SU products.  The base is an 8X10 canvas.  I used Tombo glue (aka the green bottle glue) to adhere the paper to the canvas.  Everything else was attached with sticky strip. This is my 'go to adhesive for 3D projects (thanks Kelly B for introducing me to this awesomely sticky stuff!).  I also added some pearls to the centers of the silk flowers since they looked a little bare without them!

In my Christmas post, I jokingly commented that as my post was scheduled for 6 am, this would probably be about the time our youngest came running into the bedroom to let us know Santa came.  I was wrong... IT WAS 4:30!!! She informed us that she woke up at 2 am and checked the tree and stockings, but her big sister said it was too early to wake us. So she so considerately waited until 4:30 to tell us. We convinced her to go back to bed until 6:30, then we all went to the living room to open gifts.  Needless to say, a nice little nap occurred later that morning! But even with the early morning wake up call, it was a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Great layout! And congrats on getting that craftroom under control. I laughed when I read you put your scraps in baggies. I used to put mine in a file box box by solid colors and patterns. Then after not using it for 2 years, I finally decided from now on to just throw away my leftovers. Less clutter that way. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Love the photo too.
    Glad you're getting organized...I keep saying I'm going to do that - just don't know if it'll take place though.
    4:30 a.m. is a tad early!!! LOL! Glad y'all had a good Christmas.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always fun cleaning up craft rooms, coming across stashed items we forgot we had, getting inspired. Sort of like a little "shopping spree".
    Cherish those early Christmas morning wake up calls, they grow up too quickly !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!