Sunday, December 4, 2011

3-D Gift Tags

This was another project from our December club meeting.  I honestly can't remember where I first saw the 3-D art, but there were 3-D Christmas trees on a card.  That got the wheels turning in my head (could you see the steam and hear the grinding gears??) and I decided to use the ornament punch to make a fun little gift tag.


I punched 4 ornaments from some retired DSP and folded 3 of them in half, folding in the side I wanted to see.  Then I began attaching the halves together. After this step, I attached the first and last half to the unfolded piece (still with me?).   I don't have a picture of the back, but I used a to/from stamp for the names.  The last step is to pierce a hole near the top and run some linen thread through the hole to make a 'hanger'.  This could also be turned into a completely 3-D ornament by adding two more ornament pieces, folding all six in half, and then attaching the halves together.

Recipe: Cardstock-retired DSP, Accessories- ornament punch, linen thread, paper piercer

3 comments:

  1. I love 3D art Margaret and these are great! Thanks for the inspiration and prayers for my Dad.
    Hugs,
    Lisa S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, genius, wonderful!!! Those are perfect. :D Why don't I have this punch? Crud! :D
    Lucky me, I'm about to put my order in. Glad I stopped off here first.
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love paper ornaments and they seem to be all the rage this year. These are really cute. Fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!