Monday, November 30, 2020

Give a girl the right paper...

Another day of Christmas card making and once again finding super easy ways to get those cards finished in time to mail them out!  I'm well on my way now!

As I was thinking of a title for this post, I thought about how perfect certain papers are.  Sometimes I can see a paper and immediately know what to do with it.  They can make scrapbook pages as easy as matting a photo and adding it to a gorgeous background.  Some can be the inspiration for a perfect 3D or repurposing project.  And others just scream "Buy me and I'll make really cute cards really fast!"  I love it when paper talks to me!!

Over the summer, I was in our LSS and came across just this kind of paper.  There were fun, vintage images already in 3x4 rectangles just waiting to be cut apart.  I also found some coordinating red and green paper to finish them off perfectly.  Then I promptly brought them home and forgot about them.  My recent cleaning reminded me of them and I got busy.  Some of the images were so great, I didn't even mat them.  I just grabbed some embossing folders to add a little texture and tada! Instant cards!!

I felt just like Cinderella with the right pair of shoes...or maybe Dorothy with her ruby slippers... either way-it just proves that if you give a girl the right item, she can get things done!








Aren't those images just the best?!  I'm almost positive these were Simple Stories, but since I tossed the end strips I can't be 100% sure.  

Well, I'm back to work this week and going to do my best to carve out some creative time, so hopefully I'll have a few scrapbook pages in the future.  I do have more cards to share, but they'll have to wait for another day!

 

1 comment:

  1. These turned out great! The embossing is a great finishing touch to these cute images.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!