Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Spreading Sunshine part 2

I am back today with the second half of my note cards for a local nursing home.  As I said in my last post, these are quite masculine, and I really enjoyed stepping out of my comfort zone to make these.  The hardest part about these were getting the cuts correct to match up with the contrasting paper.  I may have goofed a few pieces that needed an additional 'goof' to fix them.





I have really enjoyed making these and now that most of my outdoor work is completed for a while, I might actually get back to scrapbooking.  I know DD2 will have the most memorable senior year scrapbook I've ever made.  Since she's not having the traditional events that would be featured, I'm trying to come up with some creative photo ops so her album reflects what happened this year without being all about Covid 19.  If you are sheltering at home, I hope you are finding some time to be creative.  This is a perfect opportunity to use up those supplies that have been waiting for us!

Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!

Card Recipe: Paper-kraft, soft suede, very vanilla, Well Worn DSP, Ink-early espresso, Stamp Set-Lovely as a Tree, Accessories- circle framelits

2 comments:

  1. More lovely cards the residents and their loved ones are sure to enjoy.

    Best wishes for finding more fun things to do for your daughter's nontraditional Senior year during this trying time. I'm anxious to see your scrapbook pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, Margaret - that tree is a really exquisite image, so detailed and so full of character. I'll be back for some proper catching up soon. Stay safe, stay well, and happy Easter.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!