Sunday, March 29, 2020

Spreading a little sunshine

Nothing like a little social distancing to free up one's schedule...  While I will be the first to say that the whole Corona virus pandemic is more than a little scary, I am doing my best to find the good in this crisis affecting so many throughout the world.  Making myself find the good and be the good in each day has helped me remain grateful and kept me from being overwhelmed.  I have enjoyed having both of my girls home at a time when they should be testing their own wings and flying from the nest.  We have cleaned up our outdoor spaces, planted flowers and bulbs, planted seeds, and shared activities that entertained us as we remained safely in our own little space.

With all of this good, I kept feeling the need to be a part of something that would help others too.  This was not easy since many of my options were eliminated by social distancing and not wanting to put anyone at risk. My husband, a police officer, is an essential employee and continues to work, so we do our best to stay home just in case we would happen to be carrying the virus.  I was inspired by my cousin's daughter who works in a nursing home and was sharing a story about bringing IPads to the residents so they could face-time with their families. I was thinking they might enjoy some mail to lift their spirits, but wanted to check with her before sending anything.  After a short chat, we decided that rather than receiving mail from a random stranger, they would really like to send cards to their own loved ones.  So I got busy creating pretty note cards to share with her.  I made sure to clean my workspace and tools, washed my hands well, and the cards will be in isolation for a little while before given to the residents.  Although this is not a heroic, life saving measure, it did make my heart happy to think of the joy the residents will have in writing their notes to loved ones and the happiness of those who will receive them.

I created two different styles of cards. One is more feminine and the other is quite masculine. I'm sharing the pretty florals today.  Clean and simple design which was great considering I made 20 of these...




I was also inspired to send some cards to loved ones as well.  I'm hoping these little gestures will lift spirits and bring smiles during a difficult time.  I would love to hear what others are doing to spread a little sunshine.  If you have any great ideas, please share them in the comments!

Thanks so much for visiting and stay safe!!

Card Recipe: Paper-whisper white, tangerine tango, Floral District DSP, Ink-tuxedo black memento, lucky limeade, rose red, Stamp Set-Sidekick Sayings, Accessories- rich razzleberry ribbons

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to make cards for the residents to send out, Margaret! They are quite cheery :)

    Good luck and continue to find good in this situation we are all in right now. Stay healthy, happy and crafty, friend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!