Monday, April 2, 2018
Cleaning out the cobwebs...
Hello! I am so excited to share that I've actually had time to play with a new to me technique recently! I am sure there are a ton of people who use this or a similar technique to create some fun and beautifully original backgrounds, but this was a first for me and it was so much fun! I was inspired by Debbie at Debbie's Designs. She has a wonderful video tutorial that made this technique super easy to understand. I changed up the design of the card (doesn't really look like hers, but I completely, shamelessly borrowed the background idea!!) so I could knock the dust off of a couple of my favorite flower stamps.
My technique was a little different because I mixed the inks on a monoprinting plate I got for a song at our LSS. I'm sure there are many other things you could find to drop and blend the inks on as well. I have to admit, it felt great to swipe the cobwebs out of the corners of my creative brain and try something new.
The pictures on my computer don't do the gentle blending of the colors justice, so you'll just have to take my word that these are so pretty in real life! These will be going to some special couples for their anniversaries, but they could also make wonderful Valentines as well.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope Debbie and I inspired you to try something new this week!
Card Recipe: Paper-very vanilla, basic black, watercolor, Stamp Sets-Regarding Dahlias, Blended Bloom, Ink-melon mambo, blushing bride, tuxedo black(memento), Accessories-Xyron create-a-sticker, Expresssions thinlits, Stampendous monoprinting plate, stampin' spritzer