Saturday, April 14, 2018

Blessed by God with People Like You!


Hello!  I am finally back with another post.  It is finally feeling like spring in Southern Indiana and I for one am so glad!  I enjoy the first snowfall, but after that, I'm ready for warmer weather and flowers!

Today I am sharing two cards I made for two special young ladies who are making their Confirmation.  One is my DD and the other is a good friend of hers who asked me to be her sponsor.  Before they are confirmed, they have a special meeting and prayer service and at the end, each confirmand receives encouraging cards and letters from loved ones.  I decided to make cards for both girls and left the inside unstamped so there would be plenty of room for writing.



This is my DD's card...


and the card for her friend.

I dusted off some very old DSP for these cards!  The sweet polka dots came from Cheerful Treat, a paper pack that has been in my supplies for a veeeeerrrrrry long time.  Both of these are pretty basic cards since the images were so pretty on their own.  I did do a bit of coloring on the stamp for the first card to get the pink flower and green stems, but other than that, pretty easy!  My bow was made using a bow maker I bought from another SU demonstrator many years ago.  I'm not sure she's a demo anymore either...but I digress!

I hope you enjoyed my cards for today and thanks so much for stopping by!

Card Recipes: Paper-Cheerful Treat DSP (ret), whisper white, melon mambo, Stamp Sets-People Like You, Blessed by God, Ink-melon mambo, old olive, elegant eggplant, Accessories-white taffeta ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Such sweet cards, Margaret! Congratulations to your daughter on her confirmation! How special to have a card from mom ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely; I especially like the sentiment on the first and sweet bow in the second.

    Don't get too used to Spring - the cold air and flurries we had here today may be on their way to you ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!