Friday, March 27, 2015

Sure Signs of Spring

There are so many heralds of spring-crocus and daffodils, robins returning, grass greening, buds forming on trees, the ping of a ball hitting a bat... What?! That doesn't happen everywhere???  In our home, the true sign of the arrival of spring is muddy cleats and softball pants!  This sign shows up sometimes before the first flowers!!

I have once again been neglecting my poor blog for other priorities, like playing taxi driver and running a full service sports laundromat...  I did however manage to combine one of our favorite spring sports with some crafting time recently.  I volunteered to create this year's bulletin board located at our school's softball field.  While these are not the most 'crafty' things I have made, I did color and bling up the images that I printed!


This image was already created, but I colored the letters 
with red and added dazzling details to the word 
'diamonds' 

I used a digital softball image, turning the color from 
black to red, then added the Bible verse.  It was printed 
onto softball colored cardstock.

This was a digital image that I simply printed.

I created the inspiring sentiment in a word document,
then added some sparkly softball stickers for good 
measure!

All of the items were mounted on basic black or real red cardstock.  I also made some smaller softballs using a stamp, real red ink, and the softball colored paper.  Each player will have her name and number on a softball.

Well, I know it's not super creative, but I thought I would share just what I had been up to!  I also have another project to share but have to wait a little while for that.  I am also heading out to a crop tomorrow, so there should be a bit more coming up shortly!  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have an incredibly creative weekend!

1 comment:

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!