Sunday, July 20, 2014

Anything Goes at Anything But a Card Challenges # 37

Hi! I am so glad you stopped by today! It's my turn to share a project for Anything But a Card Challenges.  We are having an 'anything goes' theme this month which means you can share just about anything under the sun with us! Gotta love that!

I have been doing some major cleaning and purging of my home this summer and came across some cardboard jewelry boxes. They weren't anything fancy, just plain white boxes with the store's logo.  I'm not sure what my original plan was when I saved them, but they were the perfect size for gift cards, so they were covered and decorated to be used as pretty packages for some thank you gifts.  

Rather than cover the entire lid and base with paper, I cut scraps to cover the top of the lid and glued ribbon to the sides.  Then I added a strip of paper around the base.  This kept them from getting too bulky.  I colored a couple of stamped clay pieces that I made ages ago, added some punched leaves and a few candy dots.


This one seemed like it needed a little pizazz, so I added
stickles to the flower in the center of the clay piece, and 
some cherry cobbler dazzling details to the candy dots.



This one had a more masculine feel, so I left it pretty basic.


Well, I hope you enjoyed my repurposing project and we would love to see what you have been creating this month!  Please stop by the challenge blog and share your creation with us-as long as it's not a card, you're set!  Have a fabulous week!

Project recipe:  Paper-Junior Varsity and Summer Smooches dsp (both retired), Stamp Set-Riveting (ret), Ink-old olive, real red, daffodil delight, rich razzleberry, Accessories-simply pressed clay, real red grosgrain and old olive scallop dot ribbons (both ret.), brights candy dots, cherry cobbler dazzling details, non SU leaf punch, non SU yellow stickles

3 comments:

  1. You do great work! These are so wonderful to decorate and I love your very personal touch with the clay thank you centers! The second one might be my favorite with the polka dot paper that leads to polka dot ribbon and then (be still my heart) argyle print!! LURVE that :)
    Two terrific ideas for anything but a card Chica. I'm also assuming you looked inside first for Summer or Fall? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great boxes. Still loving that balloon paper! Those toppers you have made are fabulous - need to have a go at stamping clay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful box -thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!