Sunday, December 1, 2013

Blending the old with the new!

Hello! I am so glad you stopped by to visit!  December crept up on me and now I'm in a semi rushed state trying to get all of my projects completed on time!  Good thing I had a jump start on my cards!

Today's card features a stamp set I've had for quite a while and it is still one of my favorites!  I gave this set a modern twist with some new paper and accessories from the SU Holiday catalog...


I love the silver and blue combination that seems to be so popular this year, and the papers in Winter Frost are gorgeous!  I paired the paper with the pretty silver ribbon layered on top of some pool party seam binding.  After I finished my card, I realized that pool party was not the blue in the DSP, but it went beautifully anyway so I left everything as is!

Our family survived two food filled days of Thanksgiving and now we are in full mode for Christmas!  Hopefully all of the decorating and cookie baking will keep me focused on the Christmas cards that I really need to finish!  Wish me luck!  

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a marvelous and crafty day!

Card Recipe:  Paper-Winter Frost paper stack, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White, Ink-Island Indigo, Encore Silver, Stamp Set-Miracle of Christmas, Accessories-large oval punch, decorative label punch, pool party seam binding, 1/8" silver ribbon, rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Margaret! I love the paper and the silver blue combination. Two days of Thanksgiving? I am in full Christmas mode as well and happy to start working on my December Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right with you on silver and blue - and this is a lovely card.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved that stamp too - so very elegant looking. Love the design you used and how you framed out the sentiment. So very pretty.
    Glad y'all had a great Thanksgiving!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo Margaret and that stamp is wonderful. A very pretty Christmas card! Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you layered the punches, and I agree that color combo is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! The color combo is fabulous and I love the pretty image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous combination of old and new, Margaret !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!