Sunday, July 7, 2013

Anything But a Card Challenge 23-Steampunk?!

It's time for a new challenge at Anything But a Card.  Challenge #23 is Steampunk. 

I just want to go on record that I knew absolutely nothing about this genre!!  I have seen Steampunk art and always thought it looked pretty cool, but didn't ever explore any aspect of it.  The closest I've come to experiencing it was watching Monty Python...  So I did a lot of research, googled steampunk, searched pinterest for art inspiration, and visited blogs of friends who seemed to have a pretty good grasp on this.  It was actually quite interesting and a lot of fun.  It is also WAY out of my comfort zone.  Good thing I have another week to put the finishing touches on my creation!  Fortunately, the other members of the design team seem to have a better understanding of Steampunk and have shared some fabulous inspiration on the challenge site.

In my research, I came across this beauty!  It's a Steampunk wine bottle opening and pouring device...  If you click on the image, you can watch a video of this wonderful contraption in operation!

rob-higgs-steampunk-corkscrew

Now this is a Steampunk piece I can truly appreciate!!

I hope you will join us in this challenge, even if you're a newbie like me!

2 comments:

  1. That is a truly brilliant piece of steampunk machinery - thank you so much for the link! Look forward to seeing how your steampunkery goes soon...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only person to think "Monty Python" when I see some steampunk projects! hee hee! great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!