Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Book Rental Blues...

Hi! Things are a bit melancholy here today.  We are heading to the schools to pay book rental and verify schedules for the new school year.  It seems like just yesterday we were cleaning out lockers and bringing everything home...  DD#1 and I are hoping for a freak summer snowstorm delaying the start of school, but DD#2 can't wait to be back with her friends.  I'm not sure where I went wrong with that one... (just kidding, but only a little!).

I have another card to share with you today.  It is pretty much a flashback card since so much of it is retired, but I did use my blendabilities again, and a new stamp set for the sentiment so that balances things out a little.


The pear is from the retired Faith in Nature and is one of my favorite images.  I always liked using pastels to shade and color this, but thought I would try my hand at the alcohol markers again.  I still have a long way to go, but at least I didn't want to throw this one out when I was finished!  I seem to be in a rut on the layout of my cards too! This seems to be my default design with the blocks of layers and perfectly straight lines.   Hopefully I will find some time to pull out some sketches and try something new this week.

Well, I better get going so we can take another step closer to starting back to school.  We still have some clothes shopping to do and I have some unfinished jobs at home that I really need to finish.  I hope you find some time to be creative today and have a terrific rest of the week!

Card Recipe: Paper-daffodil delight, whisper white, subtles dsp (ret), Stamps-Faith in Nature (ret), Bloom with Hope, Ink-memento tuxedo black, daffodil delight and old olive blendabilities, Accessories, daffodil delight stitched ribbon (ret)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Love everything about it.
    Fun, I remember the back to school prep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gross..you said that nasty 6 letter word!! EEEK. I would love it for a freak summer snow storm. As odd as the weather has been lately, I would be surprised if it happened. Your card on the other hand is a very welcome sight and I think a lovely birthday card!!
    I'll go bring the tree up from the basement and start hanging the outside lights. Any little bit helps....
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and simply - and beautiful!!! I've always loved that image too and just never bought it. Love the background as it really showcases the stamp. Very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card - love the colour combination and that fab stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even if you feel like your card designs are stuck in a rut, it's a nice rut to be in - lovely coloring !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!