Sunday, December 15, 2013

Anything But a Card Week 3 of Anything Goes

Hello!  It is my turn to share a project for Anything But a Card Challenges.  Our challenge this month is Anything Goes-With a Holiday Twist.  This leaves the creativity door wide open for just about anything!  There have been a lot of wonderful holiday theme creations shared at the challenge site, but that doesn't mean you have to do that.  As a matter of fact, my share is not Christmassy at all (well there is a peek of an evergreen on there, but that's it!).



At the beginning of the challenge, I had decided I was going to get some Christmas and winter scrapbook pages finished.  Then we had a major ice storm followed by a lot of snow and after getting stuck in my driveway three times this week, I did NOT want to think about crafting anything that resembled snow or winter!  So I went in a completely different direction and made a page for my art journal.  It was quite relaxing to pull out some stamps and lots of inks and sponges. I also played with some Inka Gold metallic rub.  It's very pretty, but I need to play with it a little more.  My initial application was more streaky than I wanted, but I love the gilded look it gave my sculpey picture frame.

It hasn't been a bad week, but there have been a lot of cancellations and rescheduling of plans.  It left me feeling out of sorts and annoyed-not at all what I want be. I was debating what the message of my page should be and decided that since art is my therapy, my message should reflect what I want to achieve.  So I decided on 'enjoy the journey', a good reminder that things will happen and I can either get upset or get over it.  I don't have to like ice and below freezing temperatures, but since they're not going away any time soon, I need to enjoy my journey.  Of course, digging my car out of the driveway in the frigid air was no picnic...  Hey, I said it was therapy, not a miracle!

I hope you will find time to join us this week and please stop by the blog and leave some love for my fellow crafty peeps!!

Project Recipe:  Stamp Sets-Lovely as a Tree, World Map, Of the Earth, Wonderful Favorites, Fresh Vintage, Ink-soft suede, crumb cake, early espresso, garden green, poppy parade, very vanilla Accessories-Tim Holtz metal tag, twill ribbon, postage stamp punch, Martha Stewart clay mold, Log Cabin smooch spritz, Inka Gold metallic rub

7 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful page Margaret! Love those images you used on here - very vintage looking and pretty.
    It must be the weather as I've been in the "out of sorts" mood too. Sometimes things just don't go as planned at all.
    Hang in there!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful - I love the frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely page!! I love the dimension!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your page. I'm interested to read that your frame is made from sculpey - I need to find a good mould and give this a go. Sounds like winter has really got a grip in your part of the world. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Digging your car out - how awful that would be. I hope it has warmed up for you are you feel a little less frosty. Anyways you put a positive spin on it as you do and it is definitely not only about the journey but how you perceive it too. May you have many meanderings and amazements - there is so much to appreciate on the road less travelled - though probably not when it is covered in snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up!! I loved reading how you led yourself out of grumpyville! :) LOL...I am not only inspired by your project but from your story and how you realize it's a journey. Not always a fun one, but what kind of character building/testing would it be if he never exposed us to adverse situations. I still just have to laugh though at the visual of you out there trying to smile while trying to get out of the driveway, again..... You think God has a sense of humor? Can only imagine it gave him a little chuckle too.... :)
    Hugs to you and your masterful skills of inks and sculpey.
    SIB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surely all the snow and ice are gone, things are slowing down a bit now ? Another beautiful page in your book !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!