Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Perfect Prom

Hello! I'm apologizing in advance for the poor photo quality... It's been a bit gloomy here and I struggle to take good page photos unless it's sunny.

I dressed things up a bit today because, well...it's prom!


This could count as a flashback page because everything on here but the glittery mats are old treasures from my stash.  I almost forgot about the metallic silver paper, but when I was looking for glittery paper I came across it and thought it would be a great addition to the page.  All the punches have been in my supplies for a very long time, and the background is part of a peacock paper pack I bought long ago to make cards for my mom.

I had to smile as I made this page because even though tearing her ACL and ending her varsity tennis season was devastating for my daughter, we had so many people that reached out to check on her, pray for her, and offer to help any way they could.  DD was also very upset that prom was only days away and she wouldn't be able to wear the glittery shoes she loved so much and dancing the night away was not likely since she was on crutches. Definitely not the accessory she was wanting... I made a desperate call to our local plant nursery who also does floral arrangements.  The owner told us to stop by after school and she would fix something.  When we left her shop, DD had a beautiful bouquet to bling up her crutches a bit.  DD was so moved by her kindness and ended up having a great evening in spite of her circumstances.  Sometimes the most imperfect things turn out perfectly fine...

Thanks so much for visiting and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!