Saturday, September 29, 2018

Simple Sunburst Christmas

Well, hello!  I am back with more Christmas cards and a new type of design for me.  I know sunburst cards have been around for a while, but I had yet to attempt to create one until today.  After looking at all kinds of options of pattern paper and color combinations (and getting a mild headache and a bit overwhelmed by options), I decided to stick to a really simple design for my first attempt.  Using the sunburst thinlit seemed like a perfect way to achieve this look, but I'm thinking that if you're wanting a mix of patterns, it may not be the best choice.  I managed to get two for one by using the cut offs of the die and gluing them on another card base! Gotta love a time and paper saver!!

I've also decided that a smaller, less busy pattern would be best for this technique if you want a variety of papers to be used.  Maybe next time...


I do like the bold colors shooting out of the circular sentiment, and the less traditional patterned paper.  

I wish I could say that I had almost filled up my card box with Christmas cards, but we're not even close to that point and I'm sure I'm not the only person who manages to reach December without finishing all of their Christmas cards!  Come on fellow procrastinators...back me up!

Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you find time to try something new too!! Have a wonderful day!

Card Recipe: Paper-mossy meadow, cherry cobbler, whisper white, Season of Cheer (ret), Ink-mossy meadow, Stamp Set-Wacky Wishes (ret), Accessories-Sunburst Thinlits die, Circle Framelits



2 comments:

  1. Hi - just caught your comment and wanted to pop straight over... I've been a bad blogger over the last year or so - just about squeezing in projects on my own blog, but barely managing any visiting.

    I think you've done a lovely job with the sunburst design. The bold patterns really stand out, and the greetings stamp looks great in the circle of the sun.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up with blog buddy visits after our road trip: What a fun card for Christmas with the sunburst design! I've never tried that, either (and don't have a die to make it easier)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!