Thursday, January 25, 2018

The Return of Throwback Thursday

Hello! I'm not sure, but I think I just might have my creative mojo back!  The cold weather and recent snow days allowed for some extra time to clean and reorganize my studio.  There is still a lot to be sorted, purged, and organized, but for now I can at least have a bit of room to make things!

A few years ago, when I posted more frequently, I started something called Throwback Thursday. These were creations using some of my 'forgotten' materials and techniques that hadn't been used in quite a while.  I hate to admit that in the past year, the majority of my supplies have been neglected and this has greatly increased my 'forgotten' stash.  So during my cleaning spree, I started a stack of things that I've had for a long time that needed to be moved to the front for use or for donation/disposal.  Anyone who knows me knows that disposal is the hardest thing for me! Luckily, my creativity kicked in and gave me a use for some of these mildly outdated items!

Today's cards are featuring some stickers (yes...these are from waaaaaay back...) that came in a kit.  I'm not positive, but they may have come from a QVC craft day marathon...  I also used two paper hearts that have been in a Valentines folder for who knows how long.  The stickers were part of a kit meant for scrapbooking, but I don't do much Valentines scrapbooking, so they were better suited to cards.  Luckily, the size of them made the card creation super speedy and now I have four Valentines ready to send!




The cards aren't anything fancy, but I think they turned out ok, and I'm sure the simple fact of receiving a Valentine in the mail will be more appreciated than the finished product!  I hope I've inspired you to dig into your neglected supplies and make something fun!  Maybe you'll join me in making and sending Valentines this year!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

Card Recipe: Paper-Real Red, Accessories-really old stickers!

3 comments:

  1. They turned out better than just ok! They're great and you also used some things you haven't used in a while. That makes them eve more special! They're all beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time creating if i am not organized too 😊Love how colorful your Valentine's are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply sweet Valentine's ! So good to see you crafting/blogging again (and using some of your old stash, grin)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!