Friday, February 27, 2015

Flashback Friday- Hoping for Spring

Hello! I can not tell you how excited I am to be sharing a Flashback card with you!  I have not been feeling very creative or motivated lately, but today's card was one that kind of came together on it's own and I'm feeling hopeful that my muse hasn't completely left me!

Springtime Vintage might be one of my all time favorite papers.  It reminds me of fabric and I love the delicate floral patterns. Plus it has 'spring' in the name-just what I need right now! 



My card is very simple, but I loved the way the papers came together to remind me of a quilt.  So naturally they got 'quilted' with the fancy fan embossing folder.  There ended up being a few more retired items on here than originally planned and that is always a good thing in my book!

This week has been cold once again, and I'm calling this 'the winter that came late and stayed...forever'.  Please, please, March, come in like a lamb!!!!!  I guess no matter what the weather decides to do, I will still be here and I hope you'll come back to visit me, and if you can bring some sunshine and warmer temperatures with you, I would greatly appreciate it!

Card Recipe: Flashback Items (all retired)-Springtime Vintage dsp, Baja breeze ink, Baja breeze seam binding, vintage flowers, Stamp Set-Remembering Your Birthday, Paper-very vanilla, Accessories-MS leaf punch, fancy fan embossing folder

5 comments:

  1. We never get that cold way down here but I'm still more than ready for Spring too! Be glad to have a little warmer weather.
    Love your card Margaret. That patterned paper is so lovely.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, I like the layers of pattern papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and me both Margaret! If spring doesn't get here soon I'll go bezerk. This winter has been the worst with all of the ice and snow we've had. I love your card! Have a wonderful week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty quilted card Margaret-I still have that paper plus the fabric that I have never done anything with-our March came in like a lion-with a snow and ice storm on Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely use of the patterned papers to build up a great vintage style card - super!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!