Friday, June 7, 2013

Flashback Friday- Is there anything current on this card?

Hello! I'm so glad you stopped in today! Today is Friday, the day that I share what I've made with my old and retired supplies aka Flashback Friday.  You may recognize my DSP from last Saturday.  I really need to work on using up my older paper, and thought making a few cards with Rainbow Sherbet would be a good start.  I decided to make a bifold design since I haven't made one in a while.  If you need instructions for this, I have them at the bottom of the post.

This card will go to OWH...

and this goes to a family member.

As I was putting the cards together, I realized the only 'current' items used were the turquoise and white cardstock and the turquoise ink. Now how's that for using older supplies?!   The base is some very old 12x12 cardstock.  I'm not even sure when I bought this, but it matched the light green in the DSP. I think the SU color was gable green??  The 'thank you' stamp is from the retired set Wacky Wishes, and the 'happy birthday' is a non SU that I've had for ages. I love that the font isn't super plain, but also not overly girly! Perfect for 'anyone' cards.

To make a bifold card you need a 12x12 piece of cardstock.  The base size is 5 1/2 x 12.  You will make score marks at 2,4,8, and 10 inches.  I made my DSP panels 1/4" smaller than the cardstock panels (1 3/4 x 5 1/4") then attached half of the matted sentiment piece onto the left panel.  The sentiment piece varies in size depending on your image.

Well, I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my older goodies and maybe I inspired you to dig into your stash too!  Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!



6 comments:

  1. Great card and good for you using some of those older supplies. I tend to use the new stuff and forget about the old stuff. One of these days I am going to use it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS and just great! LOVE that DP you used - retired or not! Fabulous cards.
    Have a great weekend!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such smart cards - the bi-fold construction is very cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Margaret, love the design. You have totally reminded me to get my cards in the mail to OWH. :) Hope you have a terrific week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun, easy, cheery cards - love them !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cards, love the fun pattern papers!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!