Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Anything But a Card Challenge and another little gift

I am such a naughty design team member! With all of my Christmas preparation, I completely forgot to post the new challenge at Anything But a Card!!  I know everyone is still reeling from all of the festivities, so this is a super easy one that all of you can join in!

Anything But A Card Challenge 9- anything goes OR Your Fave project from 2012

This two-week challenge we have an easy one for all of you- Anything Goes OR Show us your Fave Project (non-card) from 2012! 


 So, even if you don't have time to create anything new, you can still play along!  I will be posting my new creation for this challenge on Sunday, so be sure to pop back in and check out what my absolutely wonderful sisters received for Christmas! Here's a hint... it's not a card!! Hee! Hee!

The design team posting this week have some wonderful projects as well and I hope you find some time to check them out and leave them some love!

I also wanted to share another little gift that DD#2 and I made for her classmates.  Instead of a gift exchange, they were asked to bring in a little something for each child.  Since DD#2 loves to read, she really wanted to make some bookmarks for her friends.  These were super easy to mass produce and a lot of fun for both of us to put together (my favorite part!).


I used the Two Tags Bigz die for the bookmark form and then added some Christmasy images using the Scentsational Season stamp set.  We came up with the 'punny' sentiments on our own and typed them up and printed them out using the computer. I had to resist blinging up the gingerbread man and tree, since they were bookmarks!

Project Recipe: Cardstock-gumball green, real red, whisper white, Stamp Set-Scentsational Season, Ink-real red, garden green, soft suede, Accessories-Two Tags Bigz, Holiday Collection framelits, 

9 comments:

  1. Great bookmarks and they look like the perfect gift for anyone who enjoys reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift idea her book marks turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog Margaret! I'm enjoying seeing your work - these bookmarks are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious idea! These are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute idea for a gift to classmates-your daughter is as creative as you are-happy new year Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the puns on your adorable bookmarks !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do not beat yourself up neither. I don't htink anyone else does :)
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Someone told me that " I need to be more - dog eat dog recently" Well I love my dogs and I appreciate authenticity and genuine more than anything else.
    I do find the "supposed warm and friendlies" that are supposed to be out there in Blogland all a bit of a mystery. BUT having lovely people like you visit and leave sincere affirmations does warm my mushy heart.
    My headspace thought right now is "it will pass"
    I think we can never read too many books nor have too many bookmarks and yours are certainly cute. Sure beats the receipt I have in the book on my bedside table :)
    Looking forward to seeing what you do for ABAC today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea and I love the puns!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!