Saturday, November 19, 2011

Crop Night Project #1

Wow!  I had every intention of actually making something and posting here on Thursday, but my week has been super crazy!  Our daycare and preschool celebrated 25 years of operation this year and we held a special fundraising crop night as part of our celebration.  I was in charge of organizing this event and since it was my first time hosting a crop, it was a bit overwhelming!  But, everything went well, pages and cards were created, prizes were won and food was consumed! It was wonderful to be surrounded by ladies with various skill levels and styles.  I have to admit, I mingled a lot more than I created, but I did manage to get a few more Christmas cards finished.  At the end of the night, I was packing up my stuff and saw my camera case...DUH! I completely forgot to take any pictures...

I taught two different projects at the crop and this is my first...



While this was pretty simple, everyone seemed to enjoy it.  That may have had something to do with M&Ms being involved.  If you are looking at the picture and thinking "M&Ms?", no you're not seeing things. My sample had skittles because that is all I had in the house when I made my sample.  At the crop they used red and green M&Ms.  We used the markers to color the stamp so there could be various colors, punched, and then stapled the tag to the bag.  I will give a bit of advice; the ease of stapling is directly related to the type of stapler you use.  My itty bitty Dollar Tree stapler worked much better than my heavy duty Swingline. Be sure to check back tomorrow for part 2!

Recipe: Cardstock-whisper white, Stamp Set-From Santa, Ink (markers)-poppy parade, pear pizzazz, crumb cake, Accessories- 2 3/8 scallop circle punch, 1x8 cellophane bags

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Skittles or M&M's - no matter as it still looks yummy.
    Sounds like y'all must have had a good time too.
    lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hoped for some pictures of the BIG HAIR contest! LOL!!! *wink!* This is super cute!! M n M's and Skittles both work perfectly - and this is such a cute idea for a stockin' stuffer and beyond! Love it!! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute project and this would be right up my dd's alley. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!