Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Going Manly... um boyly??

Hi! I am so happy you are here!  I checked my stash of thank you cards at the end of the school year and realized all of my thank yous were quite girly.  This is not at all suitable when sending a note of appreciation to 4 and 5 year old boys...  So I decided I needed to add some more manly cards.  If you were a little confused by the post title, I was searching for the appropriate word for a masculine boy card.  I came up with boyly... yes... well aware that this really isn't a word, but I'm ok with that!  Maybe you can help me with a better term!

For those of you who are new to my blog, I recently resigned my position as a preschool teacher after over 15 years of teaching.  I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderful cards, notes, and gifts I received during my last week.  So I really wanted my thank you cards to be extra special too.  I had plenty of butterflies and flowers that worked perfectly for the girls, but nothing suitable for boys.  So out came Dinoroar. I was so sad that this retired from the catalog, since it's my go-to set for young boys, but I figured that these guys wouldn't care if the stamps were retired or not! Kind of makes them more 'extinct'... (insert wink here)


Isn't that T-Rex the cutest?! Not fierce at all!  I used DSP from Woodland Walk and thought the green piece had a wonderful scaley quality (sparked another idea to be shown later...) and when DH saw this card, he commented that the brown piece looked like a nest of dinosaur eggs. SCORE!  I used my trusty pastels to create the sky and sponged some garden green ink along the bottom to make the grass appear thicker.  I really hope my little guys enjoyed their cards as much as I appreciated their thoughtfulness.  While I was making these, I created an extra for OWH.  Thought they might need some boyly cards too!

I hope you find some time this week to be crafty and your mojo doesn't go the way of the dinosaurs! Happy crafting!

Card Recipe: Cardstock-wild wasabi, chocolate chip, whisper white, Woodland Walk (ret), Stamp Sets-Teeny Tiny Wishes, Dinoroar (ret), Ink-garden green, markers-crumb cake, wild wasabi, Accessories-word window punch, pastels

8 comments:

  1. Love your boyly card and I am sure the recipients will as well. So what will you be doing with yourself now that you are retired?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "boyly" - shall use it from now on! And I love your dinosaur card - shouldn't think the boys will care at all that the stamps are now extinct!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little dino is adorable - yet manly enough for those little guy cards too! So cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect card for a little man-whoever gets this one will like it for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super guy card, the pattern papers you used behind the dino are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your T-Rex card rocks Margaret. I can't believe you resigned from your teaching position. Shame on me, I've gotten so far behind lately but will hopefully catch up and find out why. I do hope you have a wonderful summer with your girls. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME !!! Your hubby was spot in with commenting that the paper resembled dinosaur eggs ;) Seeing your card is making me want to kick myself for not getting that set.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, love this card! It's a shame it's retired, I agree! I love the idea that's it makes it more extinct too!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!