Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Congrats, Grad!

Do not adjust your computer monitor! Yes, you really are seeing a midweek post from me!  My poor neglected supplies got dusted off this past weekend to make a graduation card for a very special young man, my nephew! I have plans to clean up my crafting table this week so I can actually find everything again and be productive.  Wish me luck!  I would have done this already, but the weather has been beautiful here and I've been working in our little garden and planting some flowering bushes while I can.

My nephew also graduated this past weekend so it's been a little hectic here.  He is such a kindred spirit and we are often partners in crime in driving his mother, my sister, crazy!  She is a little concerned about him going off to college in the fall, but I know he will be amazing and can't wait to see what he accomplishes in his life.  He is very intelligent, loves to read, and has a wonderful sense of humor.  Did I mention I think he's very special?!  But enough of that, here is his card...


Apologies in advance for the picture! It was very overcast when I took the picture and I couldn't get a good shot.  I had the hardest time putting this together!  Every patterned paper, ribbon, and embellishment that fit the color scheme seemed too girly to me.  I wasn't crazy about the dotty paper, but it was the least girly I had in real red.  I actually took the star buttons from DD#1's stash and colored some white bakers twine with my basic black marker. I think I'll have an easier time with my niece's card next week.

I want to take a minute and send a message to any blogging friends who were affected by the  recent tornados and storms.  My heart goes out to the families dealing with such loss and devastation.  I can not begin to imagine what that feels like.  My family is keeping all of you in our prayers.  Hugs!

I hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week and that you find some time to be crafty too!

Card Recipe: Cardstock-whisper white, real red, real red DSP, Ink-black stazon, Stamp Set-Blue Ribbon, Accessories-chevron folder, 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, basic black grosgrain ribbon, bakers twine, star buttons (from DD#1 stash)

7 comments:

  1. What a great graduation card and so nice to see you back here posting to your blog. I so need to clean and clean out my craft room but right now it just seems overwhelming so I tend to forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super sharp graduation card! Congratulations to your nephew and good luck to him in all his new adventures!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great graduation card Margaret! I know your nephew will love it too. I'm also working on my grad cards this week since I have several to do.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome graduation card Margaret - I am sure your nephew will love it!
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not too girly at all..it's perfect!!!! Congrats to your graduated Nephew and best of luck in his future endeavors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on this special card for such a memorable occasion! Good idea to use a marker on the bakers twine to make it the color you needed, too. Off to make a couple of grad cards myself, enjoy your weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a terrific grad card for a guy. I'm sure he appreciated the love and effort you put into making it. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!