Monday, November 9, 2015

Early Christmas Cards

Well, hello! It has been so long since I've posted, I almost forgot how!!  I am finally getting around to making a few more Christmas cards.  We won't discuss how many more I need to make before I'm finished...  We'll just focus on the fact that as of right now, I'm ahead of the game! Hey... It's not Christmas yet, so I must be early, right?!

I had a little crafty time the other day and had initially planned to play with the box full of goodies from the Holiday catalog.  However, as I looked through my Pinterest board, I found the sweetest quilt-like card and had to make a few.  I had originally pinned this about two years ago and am finally getting around to making it!  You can see the original, made by Sandy, here.  I changed mine up just a little bit, but the overall design is the same.

 


I scraped together enough scraps from my almost depleted Ski Slope dsp.  There is such a small amount left that I'm feeling this pulling challenge to finish it off this year.  We'll see how that goes!  I used the triangle shape on the banner punch to make my 'quilt' pieces and then glued them to a piece of copy paper.  Then I trimmed the paper and ran it through the square lattice e.f..  The white background was embossed with the snow burst e.f.  I used Teeny Tiny Wishes for the Merry Christmas and Deck the Halls is from the new Happy Scenes.  A little distressing with chocolate chip ink and a few candy dots and we're done!

I am hoping to back here soon with more Christmas cards and maybe even a scrapbook page or two.  Wish me luck and have a fantastic day!  Thanks so much for visiting!!

5 comments:

  1. FABULOUS! Love these pretty cards for Christmas Margaret. The patterned papers go together perfect and love all the little triangles to make the tree.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilted look of your Christmas trees Margaret! Fantastic cards!! Hope you are doing well and wishing you a blessed Thanksgiving Day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilt technique for cards and what better than to send a "warm" quilted hug on a cold winter's day. Your trees look fabulous, SIB. It's wonderful to see you posting again! I hope you got my email response, but all your messages on my blog were such a treat from you. Thank you so much!!!
    Yeah you for being ahead of the game so much. I'm about to snap and go into panic mode if one more person tells me how many more days until Christmas....."I FREAKING KNOW ALREADY!!!" LOLOL..... I'm just hopeful that my lumpy cards won't cost me a fortune at the USPS.
    BIG HUGS to YOU,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are 2 great cards Margaret - I like the quilt pattern-I still have some of that dsp -so if you are looking for more let me know and I will send it to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea - I need to remember this one :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!