Sunday, August 17, 2014

Challenge 38 Patterns-Bending the Rules!

Hello! I am so glad you stopped in today!  I am sharing my project for Anything But a Card's Challenge #38 which is to use patterns.  Originally, the plan was to make it Zentangling, but we decided to make it a little more open.  

I love to doodle and have made zentanglesque pieces (new word!) without really knowing what I was doing.  However, I haven't made an actual project where this was the intent and I thought it would be fun to try.  My original plan was to go with the traditional black and white, but after I stamped my flowers, I changed my mind and used three different colors for my patterns.  I also bent the rules of patterns by using my new star mask.  The stars are very random-no pattern there!

 

I've had a pretty stress filled month so far and making all of those dots was very therapeutic!  When I finished, I was looking at all of the white space around the flowers and while I know it doesn't fit the Zentagle design to leave it, I really didn't want to 'over-doodle' this.  The quote was one that I saved from a card I received many years ago and I love the message of hope it delivers.  Is there anything more inspiring than knowing that even in the barest soils, we can grow a garden?  Quite fitting for our return to school too!

If you are a regular visitor to my blog, I am so sorry I haven't been around!  We've had some family medical issues added to my already busy  back-to-school schedule.  Everything is going fine now,but it's going to take me a bit to catch up.  Hope to see your blogs soon!

Project Recipe: Quotes Journal, Stamp Set-Time Well Spent (ret), Ink-Memento Tuxedo Black, Crisp Cantelope, Bermuda Bay, So Saffron, Baked Brown Sugar, Stampin' Write marker, Accessories- Star Mask

7 comments:

  1. Great doodling! Glad to see you back blogging but totally understand about unplanned things happening in our lives. Hope is all well now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you changed your mind Margaret as I love the colours of your flowers. Fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous flowers Margaret - the colouring is wonderful and so detailed. Great quote too. Glad to hear that things are returning to normal again, if still a little busy! Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your word- zentanglesque!... very appropriate. The colours look great and it is a beautiful quote that goes so well with your flowers. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you back and glad to hear the unplanned things are going well now. Another lovely quote and page for your book; I like that you bent the rules by adding more color and the little stars!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My apologies for being scarce Margaret, I've been overwhelmed the last 6 weeks with travel, travel and more travel. I love your journal page and the new word is cool too. :) Great colors and design! Glad everything is okay with you and your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief chica, I feel like the worst friend ever! I've been crawled up my own naval and taking a break from computers and haven't visited for some time but now guess what? I'm baaaack! It's been so much fun seeing your therapy session here and learning new words and seeing such a great outcome and inspiring quotes. You are always a breath of fresh air for me. I'm so sorry to hear of family difficulties. Seems to be a popular thing at the moment...
    Biggest of hugs to you SIB and I am off to peruse more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!