Sunday, April 20, 2014

ABAC Challenge 34-Spring Has Sprung!

Hello and Happy Easter! It is time again for me to share my DT project for Anything But a Card Challenges.  This month's challenge is to 'spring' into spring, and we would love to see your spring inspired creations!!  Be sure to check out all of the other team members wonderful interpretations too!

After what seemed like a never ending winter, it was so nice to see the crocus and daffodils beginning to bloom this month.  The robins have also decided that winter is over and have returned to eat all of the wonderful bugs who have also made their appearance known!  All of this activity inspired me to make a new page in my quotes journal.  I think the quote by Emily Dickenson is so appropriate for the change in seasons.  Spring is full of hope and promise, and I wanted my page to reflect this.  I used pastels for the background and then stamped the flowers and birds.  I also added just a hint of stickles to mimic the frosty dew that is often seen in spring.



 We have a spring tradition in my family.  On Palm Sunday, we receive green palm leaves during our church service.  For as long as I can remember, Palm Sunday meant folding and weaving these leaves into pyramids before they could dry and then placing them around the house as a reminder to celebrate Jesus.  Grandma taught Mom, Mom taught me, and now I'm attempting to teach my girls.  Here are our palms from this year...



I hope you will find time to join us and share your creation! You still have a week!!  Have a wonderful week and thanks so much for stopping by!!

**For my blogging friends- We are in full sport mode with both tennis and softball pulling us in different directions!  I hope to be back to a regular visiting and posting schedule within a month!  Until then, know that I am looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful creations as well!!


4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Margaret! I love the Palm Sunday tradition that has been passed down through the generations. :) TFS!
    Your page is fabulous! I love the blues and green and those sweet birds. What a great idea to create a quotes journal like this. Glad to know you are okay and just busy with the kids extra curricular activities. I remember those days lol. Off to get ready, have a wonderful day with family and friends! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those palms look amazing - I have never seen that before, here in the UK we get given a cross made from a palm.
    Love your page, so pretty and such a peaceful scene, love the glitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little page in your book, it' coming along ! The palms are amazing, I've never seen anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great spring page for your book, love the softness and the colors.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!