Monday, November 17, 2014

Anything But a Card Challenge 41-a bit late...

Hello there! So glad you stopped by! Did you ever have one of those months where things seemed to just creep up on you leaving you feeling totally inadequate and unorganized? November has been my month, or should I say 'has NOT been my month'.  But before I regale you with my story of woe, I'll share my creation for today.  That way you can read on if you like, but I won't submit you to my drama unless you're interested! You're welcome!!

Part of this has to do with my project for Anything But A Card Challenges.  We are having an Anything Goes Challenge (well, anything but cards!) and there is still time for you to join in!

I have a habit of buying things from the clearance section that generally sit and collect dust until I rediscover them during some random cleaning spree.  Today's mini Christmas album  is a chipboard mitten that I found in the 25 cent bin at Michael's, well after winter was over-a few years ago...  Since I am trying to use up my older Christmas papers, I thought this album would make a good project and possibly a little gift for someone as well.

This is the cover. The snow-tex made a wonderful
'fuzzy' cuff for the mitten.

I kept the pages blank in case this becomes a gift.

This page might hold an oval photo in the future.

a journaling page





The back of the book looks just like the front, so I didn't photograph it.  When it's put together, the ring is dressed up with red and white ribbons (didn't take a photo of that either!).

I used a lot of the Christmas Cocoa dsp for this album!  I finally feel like I might actually use up all of those older papers!

I'm not sure how but November managed to arrive and advance at hyper-speed.  One minute it was Halloween and the next thing I knew, my oldest was caroling for a local holiday stroll. She handed me the form and I commented that her choral director was really on the ball this year getting the paper to us so early.  I should have known from the confused and concerned look on my daughter's face that something was amiss. "um... Mom... It's next weekend..." What?!  So in less than a blink of an eye, two of my favorite shopping events have come and gone, and I barely remember enjoying them!  Then I got to thinking that it was almost my turn to post my project for Anything But a Card, only to realize that it should have been posted yesterday... Sorry, ladies!!

The sad thing is that there isn't really a 'good' reason for all of this.  For some reason, my brain is still thinking it's the beginning of November instead of almost Thanksgiving!  And to put the proverbial icing on the cake, we had our first snow day today-in November!!  Someone help me find the brakes!!!

Hopefully, the rest of the month will go by at a more normal pace and maybe December will decide to creep by (yeah, I know, but a girl's gotta dream!).  Have a fabulous week and may all of your creative moments go by at a much slower pace!

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME mini album project, Margaret ! I share your "where has the past month(YEAR!) gone?" feeling. It doesn't seem possible that Thanksgiving is nearly here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Margaret, better late than never I say since we are spying one super adorable photo album! This is ingenious! Love the fun-ness of it :) Yes, I have those months - pretty much every month, LOL! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. In your mind maybe you just skipped November all together! LOL! It's ok, it happens to a lot of us. Yep, December is almost here now though!!!

    Love the little mitten album. Cute and fun papers and this would make a really cute gift for someone.

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me rolling! I can only imagine the look on your daughter's face. "Oh crud...mom's losing it again." However you managed to create this fabulous mini album while stuck in the vortex of warped speed I'll never know, but you did it and you did it AmAziNgLy!! I'm starting to think that no matter how early I try to get things done, I'm still feeling panicked!!
    hugs to you my friend,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret I love your mitten mini album and whomever gets this is so lucky. That Snow Tex was perfect on the mitten ! I love that stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a fab mini Margaret. I love it!!! I'm with you on this month flying by but for me I feel like I've been playing catch up since January. :( Maybe 2015 will be better, let's hope so. Happy Thanksgiving! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely mitten book Margaret! Anyone would be thrilled to receive this, great job! :-)
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!