Thursday, February 22, 2018

Happy 7 year Blogiversary!!

Hello! Today is a very special day here at Black Shadow Creations! It is my 7 year Blogiversary and I can honestly say I am so excited to still be here!  Over the years, there has been an ebb and flow to my posting due to various reasons, but I still enjoy creating and sharing in Blogland.  I have made some wonderful Virtual friends and have gained so much information and knowledge over the years.  I've also noticed that paper craft blogging has lost some of it's popularity...

Why be a follower of a blog when you can simply search Pinterest for an idea? Not to mention there are so many new ways of communicating and sharing now... However, Facebook, Pinterest, and the other forums don't offer a genuine way to tell your story or a way to really get to know about the artist you admire.  My girls argue that no one has time to 'read' that much and this is why they love Snapchat and Instagram.  Personally, it makes me more than a little sad that we have become so busy that we don't 'have time' to actually connect with other people...  This is why I will continue to blog (as my real life schedule allows) and visit other's blogs.  There is something so comforting and human about not only seeing someone's creation, but learning about their inspiration and motivation.  It's like actually talking to your favorite artist.  Imagine how fabulous it would be to see a Monet painting and have his words telling you about the day he painted Water Lilies, or sharing in Van Gogh's sufferings as you looked at Wheat Field with Crows (believed to be his last painting).  It is in the spirit of these thoughts that I am offering some Blog Candy and the opportunity to share YOUR blog with others!

The candy is a surprise (partly because that's just fun, and mostly because I haven't finalized exactly what or how much I'll be giving!) and there will be more than one winner!  I'm not going to require 'following' because I only want you to do that if you really want to, but commenting is a necessity!  Sharing on your blog is perfectly ok, but also not a requirement.  When you leave a comment, please leave a link to your blog (if you have one) and I will be putting together a post with all of the links for others to enjoy.  On March 22 (one month away!), I will 'draw' a name (or more) and announce the winner(s)!  This blog candy is open to anyone since some of my favorite artists/bloggers aren't in the US! *I do have comment monitoring, but as long as you're not spamming or scamming you'll be accepted! Only one entry per person, please! Don't be greedy!!*

I'm going to end this post with a reinvention of my very first blog post creation!  You can see the original gift card holder here! This is an easy to make gift card holder using a paper towel tube, patterned paper, and some pretties!


4 comments:

  1. Happy Blog anniversary!!! I'm so glad you're still here too. Fantastic post and so true about all the other means of putting a card up yet not telling the "story".
    Love your gift card holder too. It'd never be outdated at all! Still pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogiversary, Margaret ! I looked back at your first post and was surprised to see that I commented on it. It doesn't seem like it has been that long we've been following each other ! Time flies..... I agree, the blogging world/internet use has changed and I've noticed a decline in my followers, but I dont' mind. I will still use mine as a sort of personal craft project diary to look back on. I'll also continue to read yours; I love the stories you tell with the projects you share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to have found your blog recommended by crafysahmiam
    I look forward to reading back on your posts. Never get tired of a creative person!!
    Margy in KY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret. Congratulations on 7 years of blogging. I agree that paper crafting blogs seem to be going out of style but I still love to read blogs when I have the time. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!