Monday, March 19, 2012

Scrapbook Monday-And now for something completely different...

Hello all! No, this post is not about Spam, dead parrots, or any other Python related material!  But it is completely different from anything I've ever done with scrapbooking before.  I made my own mini flip albums.  These were inspired from Sarah-Jane's creation and also Lucia.  Sarah-Jane had the coolest way to make an album using one 12x12 piece of card stock and Lucia is always making her own journals and notepads.  Our childcare center just had a benefit auction and I made 4 mini albums; one for each season.  I kept these very uncluttered and simple because I had no clue who would receive them and what pictures would be placed in them. 

 It was so fun to make these and really simple! Just score a 12x12 page at the 6" mark, turn 90* and score at 6" again.  Then cut on one of the score lines to the center of the paper.  Fold the other lines and you are done!  I did end up trimming a little extra off of the scored line just so the album would fold and close nicely.  Sarah-Jane has a great tutorial on her site if you need more specifics or pictures.

This is the spring album. Paper and embellishments from my stash...

and the inside... These flaps lift up to reveal 4 other pages.  All of the pages were very similar so I didn't take pics of all of the pages.


This is the summer version.  Paper and title piece are from my stash.  I stamped some butterflies on the cardstock to add a little interest.


On the inside, I stamped and punched out several butterflies to make a simple border.


I will post the fall and winter albums later.  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and in case I haven't mentioned it in the past hour... I'm on Spring Break next week!!!! (Can you feel my excitement?!)  Happy Monday!!

Album Recipe:  paper and embellishments from stash-unsure of origins!, Butterfly Prints stamp set, butterfly punch, Daffodil Delight ink

15 comments:

  1. Margaret these are lovely ....Zingy colours and I love the butterflies Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Margaret I love this little mini's that you have created and can't wait to see the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my friend!
    These are WONDERFUL. I love the Spring album, but the endless Summer one is FANTASTIC. The multicolored wording and that woven ribbon looks amazing. These are perfectly crafted and I can't wait to see the two others!!! It's been in the 80's lately and so I think Spring as well as Winter got lost and we are full on Summer here. Love your cards!!!!!

    Hugs to you,
    Lisa xx
    p.s....only 11 days and then Eric comes home for a few weeks!! Thank you so much for keeping his spirits up while he's overseas. You are a true blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun, Margaret! I can see these would be tons of fun to make with my daughter. Love the butterflies and sweet embellishments. I hope you day is as bright and happy as these sweet little books! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Margaret, these albums are so beautiful, i love the colors, they fit perfectly for each season! Oh and I was just SOOO happy to see my name in your post... so happy to see that my work has been an inspiration :-) Have a great spring break! (i am enjoying my holiday right now :-) god bless xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, these are lovely! These little albums are such a quick way to make a mini book and I love your yellow one especially :-)
    Thanks for the link back too
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cool! Love the butterflies in the second one....Something to always treasure.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet are these?!! Love the cheery, bright colours....perfect for the seasons you featured....very cute!
    Hope you have loads of plans for your Spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such great albums and I love that they go along with the seasons. I am partial to the yellow since that seems to be a color I like, just like sunshine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are fun albums Margaret-a great idea to make for a benefit auction-enjoy your spring break

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, Margaret ~ love these little mini flip fold albums! My goodness, super cute and very festive! Love the creativity, and such a great idea for all the pictures that we parents tend to have :) These would make great gift ideas for teachers, etc - thank you for the inspiration, my friend! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are tooo cute!! I just love them! Cannot wait to try these!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...these are adorable. I haven't seen one like this before. I will have to give it a try. Can't wait to see the fall and winter albums.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun - and oh so simple to make - mini albums, love that idea for the auction ! Will you make a little sleeve/box to store them in, too ? ENJOY Spring Break !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!