Friday, March 16, 2012

Grease is the word

Well, as promised here is the second manly card I created this week.  I starting out with the plan of CASEing Amanda, and somehow ended up here instead! This card really looks nothing like Amanda's, and I do have intentions of still CASEing her!! 

I recently received the stamp set, Party This Way, FREE! Yep, you read that correctly! This is also one of the Sale-a-bration stamp sets!  (There is still time to take advantage of the fabulous FREEBIES from this catalog!) Anyway...I was thinking one of the balloons would be a good backing for the sentiment.  As I stamped, fussy cut, and tried different positioning, the card took on a life of it's own.  The strips of paper moved to the side, the base was embossed, and one balloon turned into 3!  The only thing that remained from my original idea was the sentiment label!

I did make one mistake on this card. I asked DH his opinion... (What was I thinking?!) His response was that it 'looked good' but how did I make it look like it was greasy. Greasy... So from here on out, I do not 'distress' or 'grunge' a guy card; I 'grease' it!!

I'm getting ready for yet another busy weekend with little time for crafting, but there's only one more week until spring break begins! Woo! Hoo!  I am hoping to get a lot of scrapbooking done during that time! Of course, spring cleaning will have to be squeezed in there somewhere too...boo!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Card Recipe: Card stock-crumb cake, real red, bashful blue, Ink-real red, bashful blue, Stamp Set-Party This Way, Accessories- square lattice folder, modern label punch



11 comments:

  1. Hahahaha....grease it! I'm so stealing that phrase. That's a riot. What a man thing to say. Hahahaha.
    Margaret the CASE is gorgeous and the little Happy Birthday sentiment is PERFECT! I love the way that looks. :)
    I can't stop laughing......
    Have a great weekend my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your "greasy" card! You used one of my favorite embossing folders too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love it when that happens....you start out with one idea, and it mutates...haaa! Love what you did...has a good, solid masculine feel that any guy has to love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. outstanding, my friend!! what a fun card with so much detail !! have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo , I really like this card, "grease" and all =) The design, the colors - great !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really did turn out very different from the "original" you saw, but I do love yours too! Great Grease job you have made also, lol ;-)
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!!! Never heard of a greasy looking card!!! Too funny! I learned a while back not to ever ask my husbands opinion on a card! LOL!

    Great card for a guy and love just the right amount of blue on here! It's fantastic!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm gonna have to try the grease technique soon. Please check my blog for a little goodie for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this looks great--very masculine!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL!! That is tooo funny. I will have to remeber that. Fantastic masculine card by the way!! I love the layout.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!