Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Feeling Masculine...


I haven't spent nearly enough time in my crafty area, but today allowed a little time after everyone went to bed.  I was looking through my stash of cards and noticed there weren't many manly birthday cards.  Normally this would make me cringe since I tend to  have a creative block against this type of card.  But for some reason, as I was looking through my retired stamps, an idea popped in my head. Crazy!!  I had used this stamp set a looooong time ago and can't even remember what the card looked like, but I thought the sand dollar would look good in crumb cake.



The rest of the card just kind of fell into place.  The color combo came from the color coach.  I knew I wanted crumb cake and white, but couldn't decide on the other colors.  I have to say that I would not have put bashful blue with this combo, but I think it turned out OK.  When I saw always artichoke as one of the colors, I immediately thought of the denim jean ribbon that I had NEVER used before!  It is the perfect ribbon for a guy card! I didn't have any artichoke cardstock, but did have this retired DSP with both artichoke and crumb cake!!  Plus, this uses up some of my hoarded DSP that desperately needs to be utilized!

When I finished this card, I had enough inspiration left to make another guy card! But you'll have to wait til my next post for that one!

Card Recipe: Card stock-crumb cake, bashful blue, whisper white, Autumn Traditions DSP (ret), Ink-crumb cake, stazon black, Stamp Sets- Nature's Wonders (ret), Party This Way (sent.), Accessories- always artichoke denim jean ribbon

10 comments:

  1. This is a great card!! I really like those stamp images & the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not paid attention to this aesome color combo in the Color Coach until I saw this! Wowza! What a pretty stamped image, too. Great card, Margaret! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ROCKED feeling masculine! (hee hee!) Just beautiful! I love the softness to your card - these colors are superb. SO soft and calming - very serene. I am in love with this stamp but mostly what you have done with the soft stamp to match your card. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card Margaret. I love the way the color coach presents us with color combinations we would never have thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Margaret
    Well done
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a terrific masculine card Margaret, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Margaret! I agree that masculine cards are the toughest ones but you sure made it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just lovely....what a beautiful colour combination....so soft, yet masculine....good job, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know the last time I used that stamp image myself, thanks for reminding me I had it by sharing your wonderful masculine card =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great color combo for a masculine card. And I love the Sand Dollar in Crumb Cake.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know what you think! Thanks for commenting!